Planetary Health and Rxology Labs
Rxology Labs is a Canadian a green technology enterprise with the mission to reduce the environmental impact of the health system worldwide. Here is how we are making a positive environmental impact:
- Clean Water - Keeping drugs out of our waterways is critical to ecological sustainability. The Rxology Labs, Drug Destructor Bags facilitate medication waste management to prevent unneeded medication from ending up in water tables.
- Recycling - Each drug destructor bag contains a proprietary sachet to adsorb waste medication. One component of this sachet is activated carbon which is sourced from recycled coconut husk waste
- Minimize Plastic - Plastic waste is choking our planet. Rxology Labs develops products that utilize minimal plastics where possible and makes informed choices to utilize ideal plastics as needed. Our Drug Destructor Bags utilize 84% less plastics w/w compared to alternatives
- Waste to energy - Incinerated medical waste produces energy! The heat from incinerators turns water into steam in a boiler. The high-pressure steam turns the blades of a turbine generator to produce electricity.
- Offsetting carbon - Plant trees with us. We are offsetting our carbon footprint by planting trees with every order! One mature tree can absorb up to 22 lbs of CO2 per year during their first 20 years of growth! The benefits don’t stop there: healthy trees hold the soil together, provide a home for wildlife, regulate temperatures and slow the flow of water through landscapes. Clean up your medication waste stream and clean the environment at the same time.
- Lean sourcing - Lean sourcing relies heavily on reducing waste in all forms, including time, efforts, and capital. By efficiently sourcing raw materials close to our production facility we are thinking green at every turn to reduce our manufacturing carbon footprint.
- Smart warehousing - Rxology Labs operates a single centrally located warehouse in Edmonton, Alberta Canada to serve our North American customers. This location is strategically located to minimize reshipping and freight based carbon emissions
Our Planetary Health Mission and Poster can be downloaded here